wack file browser idea

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sat Jan 24 01:59:23 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 10:49, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Op vr 23-01-2004, om 19:40 schreef Jack Coates:
> > location bar at bottom, with globbing and tab completion of course, also
> > implementing complete cp, mv, and ln by passing the commands right
> > through to a shell.
> >
> > Say I browse to ~/docs/foo and see a ton of JPEGs I want to move -- so I
> > type in the location bar: mv *.jpg ../../images/
> >
> > that'd be really cool <insert beavis snigger>.
>
> You do know Rox implements all this, don't you?
>
> 	Jasper

poorly, if it could be said to do so at all. I have to right-click an
empty section of window, select "Select > Select If...", go to the bar,
click the lightbulb to look up how to use the non-standard notation
(gotta put single quotes around your globs), make my selection, open a
new window to the new location, then use the mouse to drag the files.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...