Accentuated characters in xffm (samba module)

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Mon Jan 19 11:02:25 CET 2004

Hi, I use French accentuated characters in some filenames. While xffm
displays them ok when the files are on local drives, it displays them
weirdly if the files are on an smb share.
If I issue the command from a shell with smbclient, the result just
omits the accentuated characters, while xffm puts "hieroglyphs" instead.
Is this a known issue? Is there a way to configure smbclient or xffm to
display them correctly?
(the problem doesn't occur if I mount the smb drive first to see it as a
local drive - so I guess there is support in the smb stack for
accentuated chars, right?)
Thanks,

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>