serge at bonbon.net
Sun Jan 18 22:20:42 CET 2004
This is not just XFCE question/problem, but as XFCE is
based on GTK I think it makes sense here.
Different programs fail to show and/or open directories
and files with names in cyrillic.
(My LANG=ru_RU.koi8r, gtk+1.2.10 and gtk+2.2.4)
1) The solution for xffm is to set SMB_CODESET=KOI8-R -
2) The GIMP 1.3.23 complains:
"Gtk-Message: The filename "\344\344\364" couldn't be
converted to UTF-8 (try setting the environment
variable G_BROKEN_FILENAMES): Invalid byte sequence
in conversion input"
But I have G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1.
3) The emelfm2 (gtk2) filemanager doesn't show cyrillic filenames
and crashes when trying to open such a directory:
"assertion `text != NULL' failed
4) Xmms doesn't show cyrillic characters (or show character from wrong
fontset - depending on ~/.gtkrc content) in the file browser, but
there is nothing wrong in it's playlist window with the same font.
5) The "non-gtk" Midnight Commander has no problems at all :)
More information about the Xfce