install xfce4 on debian

Flávio fmcg at nahoot.tk
Tue Jan 13 23:55:13 CET 2004

I use a Debian instalation.
I tried to update my xfce to xfce4 but failed.

apt-get doesn't install the dependecies... It says that they need to be
installed but they are not going to.
When I try to install the dependencies by hand it says I already have the
latest version...
I've also tryed to used synaptic... but the problem remains... It doesn't
install...

I've run out of ideas... can you help?
is there any link that I should put on sources.list that I don't know of?

One more thing... How do I change de default X Terminal?
I want to use Eterm (I already have it working) but I don't know witch
file to edit...

         Thanking in advance

                                '''
                             (o o)