Upgrade to 4.0.3.1 loses gdm XFCE option

Tony Sequeira tony at sequeira.com
Tue Jan 13 11:08:43 CET 2004

Hi all,

Used Oliver's? script (with suitable changes) to upgrade from 4.0.2 to
4.0.3.1, skipped 4.0.3 (busy).

This, if I recall correctly, uses --enable-gdm (or similar) for
building one element.  This messes up the GDM XFCE option that I had
previously hand crafted.  It's now unavailable.

This has caught me out before, and I did recover, but it was getting
very late last night before I had to call it a day.
/etc/X11/gdm/Session? has XFCe in it.  /etc/gdm (or thereabouts) also
seems OK.  Where do I look?  I'm at work, but thought I could get a
head start on this.

Cheers

--
Tony