What makes Xfce so good?

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Mon Jan 12 06:31:27 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 10:42, Chris Brault wrote:
> Thanks for all your wonderful and indformative
> responces,
> It seems that most people who use Xfce4, use it so
> that they can get real work done real fast without the
> "bloat". However, while attempting to write about
> using Xfce on my web site
> (http://groundhog.zevallos.com), I ran across the
> following problem:
>
> Why is Xfce better than Enlightenment, WindowMaker or
> IceWM, since they too are small and modular and fast?

I've used all three of those. I liked E quite a bit, but it was just too
unstable to use regularly and I dumped it years ago. WM is annoying to
configure and ugly, IceWM is just ugly. If XFce isn't available and I
need X, I use Ice.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
*"just leave me alone in the place where I make no mistakes, in the  *