xfce mail check, pop3 accounts

hunger hunger at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 10 18:56:17 CET 2004

Are there plans to have mail check support checking pop3 accounts?

Currently, the mail check only works if the evolution mail program is
started.  Then, if there are new unread messages, the mail check icon
changes to the proper status.

If evolution mail program is never opened, I want to have mail check
program check my POP3 account every 15 min or so.  I would have to
right-click on the mail check icon on panel, and click Properties, and
then type in my POP3 username and password info.