Xfce as only desktop

hunger hunger at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 10 14:48:40 CET 2004

I use XFce 4.0.3 as my only desktop.  I login via the Fedora graphical
login manager, and I have xfce4 setup as my default window manager.

I installed the new xfce4-session from CVS.  And I disabled the
xftasbar4 so it never runs.  Sweet system.

Then I replace the default xfce filesystem browser with "Nautilus
--no-desktop".

For me, running on a P3-800Mhz 512MB RAM, GeForce 4, 7200 RPM hard
drive, this xfce configuration is MUCH faster than the default Fedora
gnome desktop environment.