Desktop Backgrounds

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Jan 9 21:59:47 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 12:24, Jack Coates wrote:
> > Any ideas?
>
> [jack at cletus jack]$ grep -r dubrovnik .xfce4/
> .xfce4/settings/backdrop.xml:   <option name="path" type="string"
> value="/home/jack/media/dubrovnik.jpg"/>
>

> change the file, then run xfdesktop to refresh.

Excellent.  You guys are awesome!  Planet earth has been restored to my
desktop. :-)

Gnome thinks that if you use the same file name that the picture hasn't
changed, so it doesn't update it.  I'm glad XFCE refreshes it no matter
what.  I can just output the file, xfdesktop, and I'm off and running!

Attached is my full script if anyone would like to play with it.  It
requires xplanet (obviously) and Imagemagick (for the convert program).
I add the Lat/Long and Date/Time to the image.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>