What 3rd party

TombStone tombstone at seznam.cz
Sun Feb 29 12:01:34 CET 2004

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:50:29 +0100
Rakotmandimby Mihamina <mihamina.rakotomandimby at laposte.net> wrote:

> Hello all ,
> I would like to know wich software you use for these actions :
> - messenging ( Yahoo, AIM, MSN)

gaim, but I dont use it very much

> - Mailing + News + AdressBook

sylpheed

> - Syncing with a Palm

Iam really angry about that, because I had Palm, which comes with USB cradle
and dont have USB port on my machine:-(

> - Calendar

dont need that, Palm is enough for me:-)

> - Office suit .

again, dont need that. if I have to write some document, I use plain text or
HTML

> My CPU is a Duron 800 /512 Mo SRAM133 and 5400rpm Hard Drive
> You know what i mean ? :-P

HEY! Iam running on P166 with 96MB RAM!

> PS : I heard godd things about Sylpheed but i dont know if i can import my
> Palm PDA adress book into Sylpheed ... and found no calendar ...

sylpheed is really great, but its not meant to be "work manager" like evolution
(Outlook in W), but simple lightweight mail(news) client. and its pretty fast
even on my computer. I read manual for sylpheed (because of your question:-))
and if I understand it the right way, you CAN import your adress book into
sylpheed...

Iam really looking forward to sylpheed in GTK2.0

 \  Tomas 'TombStone' Dubec               TomasDubec(at)seznam(dot)cz   / \  \
  \  I'm proud to be 100% Microsoft free   TombStone(at)jabber(dot)cz   \ /   \
 / ribbon campaign against HTML & Microsoft proprietary formats in mail / \  /