GTK, MDK, and XFCE

Andrew andrewski at fr.st
Sun Feb 29 02:12:28 CET 2004

Thanks for the reply.

> actually the point is that you _don't_ want one.  if you do, the
> contents of the file will override anything in the theme the xfce ui
> settings specifies.
>
> check and see if you have anything running that might be stealing xfce's
> ability to set the theme, such as gnome-settings-manager or gconfd.

OK, killed gconfd-2.  (How do I make sure that doesn't start every time
I start up/log on?)

> make sure xfce-mcs-manager _is_ running.

It is.  Tried to change the theme again, ran into the same problem.

I realise I should have indicated this a bit better before: There is a
visible change, as the button icons do change.  (Gorilla gives me some
orange icons, for example.)  The problem is that the colours, fonts, and
object shapes (buttons, scrollbars, etc.) don't change.