Lastest cvs build

Carl Petersen xfce at mostlysoftware.com
Sat Feb 28 14:37:54 CET 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> hmm... it's ok here.  i _did_ just change how it finds its icon, as well
> as where the icon goes.  could you please verify that
> $prefix/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/xfce4-backdrop.png exists?
>
> also, i believe i bumped the version requirements, but also make sure
> you have the latest CVS of libxfcegui4 installed as well.  did you
> restart xfce after installing from CVS?  at bare minimum,
> xfce-mcs-manager probably needs a restart.
>
> ah, i think i may have an idea...  does the file
> $prefix/share/icons/hicolor/index.theme exist?  if not, please install
> the theme from http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme.  if that
> fixes it, please let me know, as i'm going to have to figure out a
> better way of detecting its presence...
>
> thanks,
> brian
>
> Carl Petersen wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure whether this is helpful or not but in a build from cvs a
>> few minutes ago; Backdrop in the Settings Manager is missing its icon.

The problem was, as you guessed, with the missing hicolor theme. I wrote
a script to completely remove xfce, update the cvs tree, compile what
has been updated, and reinstall everything. The unsinstall part was so
good it wiped out the icons as well...a stupid on my part. I'll be sure
to preserve that directory in the future. Thanks for your help.

By the way xfce is a breath of fresh air after using other desktop systems.

carl