trackball

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Mon Feb 23 08:46:28 CET 2004

Jack, I may not understand your problem correcly, so overlook this if
it's totally off the mark, but I use a USB Logitech scroll mouse with my
laptop and it works fine.  Also, my built in mouse (eraser stub in the
keyboard) works simultaneously with the Logitech.  The laptop is an IBM
X30.  I can wheel on a title bar or desktop and Xfce4 works as expected.
 I don't have to hold down either the right or left mouse keys.  I've
copied my XF86Config below in case it's of any help.  John

# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice    "Mouse1" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"

	# Load  "record"	# X event recorder
	# You only need the following two modules if you do not use xfs.
	# Load  "freetype"	 # TrueType font handler
	# Load  "type1"		# Adobe Type 1 font handler
	Load  "dbe"		# Double-buffering
	Load  "GLcore"		# OpenGL support
	Load  "dri"		# Direct rendering infrastructure
	Load  "glx"		# OpenGL X protocol interface
	Load  "extmod"		# Misc. required extensions
	Load  "v4l"		# Video4Linux
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/psaux"
	Option	    "Protocol" "PS/2"
	Option	    "CorePointer" "true"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse1"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons"
	Option	    "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Generic Laptop Display Panel 1024x768"
	VendorName   "Unknown"
	ModelName    "VM7E"
	HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 130.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"

        ### Available Driver options are:-
        ### [arg]: arg optional
        #Option     "NoAccel"            	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "SWcursor"           	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "ColorKey"           	# <i>
        #Option     "CacheLines"         	# <i>
        #Option     "Dac6Bit"            	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "DRI"                	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "NoDDC"              	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "ShowCache"          	# [<bool>]
        #Option     "XvMCSurfaces"       	# <i>
	Identifier  "Card0"
	Driver      "i810"
	VendorName  "Intel Corp."
	BoardName   "Intel 830"
	ChipSet     "i830M"
	BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Linux Frame Buffer"
	Driver      "fbdev"
	BoardName   "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Card0"
	Monitor    "Generic Laptop Display Panel 1024x768"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"