Gnome-terminal error in xfce

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Sat Feb 21 12:44:53 CET 2004

When I start Gnome terminal in xfce I sometimes get the following error:

Configuration server couldn't be contacted:
 CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0

It doesn't happen all the time, and I have not yet figured out the
pattern that triggers it.  The same thing happens sometimes when I use
Nautilus in xfce4. It happens when I'm connected to the office LAN with
permanent internet connection and also happens sometimes when I'm using
the laptop on its own off the network.  I have gnome-terminal set as the
terminal in my main menu configuration.  Could it have anything to do
with my xfce4 configuration?   John