xmodmap for extra keys

Mark Houlder mark.houlder at ot-t.com
Wed Feb 18 11:19:29 CET 2004

that didn't work.

in summary, here is what i have:

in ~/.Xmodmap:
--
keycode 227=Multi_key
keycode 234=XF86ScrollUp
keycode 233=XF86ScrollDown
--

in ~/.xinitrc and ~/.xfce4/xinitrc:
--

test -f $HOME/.Xmodmap && xmodmap $HOME/.Xmodmap

--

in /usr/share/xfwm4/themes/default.keys/keythemerc:
--

but still, when running xev, no mention of the keycodes from .Xmodmap
are visible (as they are under wm and kde), and the shortcuts don't do

if i run

    $ xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap

manually from an xterm, it doesn't work either.

i was initially tempted to think it was a problem with X, but as it
works under wm using all the same files and setup (on the same box), it
can't be.