server crash on 4.0.1

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 16 06:24:51 CET 2004

Anthony Ewell wrote:

> "totally hosed":  I had to push the power button in, hold it in, and
> count to five real slow.  When L:inux came back up, all was well
> again.  Sorry: I should have been more specific.
> The video driver is NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run

*shrugs*  the nvidia drivers are a bit of an enigma - they work
perfectly well for some people, not at all for others, and a whole range
in between.  while i hate to advocate the "if it doesn't work right,
upgrade and hope that fixes it" mentality, i do believe that 1.0-5336 is
out; maybe that will help you.  or maybe your experience was just a
fluke, who knows.

    -brian