Odd problem using xfwm4.0.3 and GnuCash

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Fri Feb 13 10:46:26 CET 2004

I've found a very odd problem with GnuCash that seems to be due to a strange
interaction with xfwm4. Can anyone here verify and/or suggest a reason?

What happens is that using the 'Find invoice' window (Business->Customers->
Find invoice) to locate an existing invoice causes the new 'View/Edit invoice'
window to be opened *behind* the find window, but with the focus in the
invoice window. All other Find functions in GnuCash (e.g. find customer)
behave as expected, with the new window at the front and focused.

This problem could not be duplicated by the GnuCash people and they suggested
that it might be a WM problem. And, indeed, if I switch to metacity (a version
that allows focus in any window, not just the one at the top of the stack),
the problem goes away (the new invoice window opens at the top of the stack).

What's going on?

John
(Sorry if this appears twice - I originally sent it from the address I used to
use for this list and it looks like it's not come through.)
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price