Error installing plugin

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Sat Feb 7 16:18:41 CET 2004

Thanks for the pointer, Jasper.  I will work in that direction and hope for success.  John

BTW, I don't so much "want" to compile from source as I just want the functionality of the plugins and simpy hadn't found them as anything but source.  If it turns out to be the only way that I can get them working and I actually manage to succeed they will be the first Linux programs I've installed from source.  I've always thought that would be nice to know how to do but have never had the time to teach myself.  All the configures, prefixes, makes, dpendencies, libraries, etc. etc. are a bit overwhelming when all you want to do is get on with life and be able to see the state of your laptop battery and whether or not there is traffic going through your ethernet connector(s) while you're using the wonderful functionality of xfce4. ;-)

A more careful search has turned up two plugins in rpm format at rpm.pbone.net: diskperf and notes.  However, I haven't found netload and battery as rpm's.  Are they out there and I've just not read carefully enough?  The xfce4 site has many of the main pieces plus some as rh9 rpm's but not all the plugins, at least not that I saw under /archive/xfce4-rc2/rpm/rh9.

Anway, thanks again.