Dockapps and Xfce4

Alejandro Torres Ruiz alacecho at lycos.es
Sat Feb 7 11:32:16 CET 2004

Hi!
Thank you very much, Jasper!
Alex.

------- Mensaje Original -------
De: Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org>
Fecha: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:59:00 +0100
Asunto: Re: Dockapps and Xfce4

Dockapps are specifically designed for windowmaker or afterstep window
maangers. Some other window managers, like blackbox, have support for
them, but XFce does not.

GNOME and KDE do not have dockapp support either, as far as I know. They
do have there own panel applets. None of these work with xfce. XFce has
its own plugins, for instance look at http://xfce-goodies.berlios.de .

Only programs using the freedesktop system tray specification (the KDE
one is supported in the latest xfwm4 version) will work with XFce.

I hope that helps,

 Jasper