Making XFCE the sole desktop

dennis tuchler dennis.tuchler at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 6 16:31:44 CET 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: dan radom <dan at radom.org>
Sent: Feb 6, 2004 5:08 AM
To: xfce listserv <xfce at xfce.org>
Subject: Re: Making XFCE the sole desktop

* Dennis J. Tuchler (dennis.tuchler at earthlink.net) wrote:
> I use SuSE 9.0, which favors KDE.  I would like to cut things back and
> make XFCE the only desktop on that machine.  How do I do it?

DJ,

You didn't really provide many details...

do you have xfce4 installed already?

yes

do you boot to a grpahical login prompt, or tot he console login prompt?

graphical (KDE/SuSE) login prompt

When you say make it the only desktop on the manchine do you mean to
remove kde / gnome / all the others that are installed?  That really
isn't necessary.

I am halfway there, I think.  Somehow, when thrying to install the new KDE so I could use the new KOffice setup, I lost the ability to log on with either the gnome or the KDE desktop.  The startxfce option has left the menu of desktops accessible from the graphical prompt. I am now using fvwm.  I don't want to reinstall if I can help it.

dj tuchler