OT: thoughts on the methodology of the CALW (Was: The Claw is up to get down(loaded))

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Wed Feb 4 13:13:29 CET 2004

Chris Brault wrote:
> The CLAW is now available on http://freshmeat.net,
>
> It points to my homepage http://groundhog.zevallos.com
>
> I've made some improvements and have an "instructions"
> page to aid in understanding how the CLAW works.
> Constructive critism and suggestions are always welcome.

Chris:

I am assuming that this is some sort of school assignment.  I just want
to say (and this is OT) that this points out just how different things
have become since I've been in college.  We were expected (heck, we *had
to*, under threat of expulsion) work on our assignments in private, by
ourselves, with no outside assistance.  Simply posting your work and
asking for comments would have been grounds for disciplinary action.

I would guess that you will have learned a lot more, and produced a far
better "assignment" by the route you are taking today, than what I would
have had to take some 25 years ago.

Not only that, you have many, many more "graders" than I had.  The
wonders of open source, and best of luck to you.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq