white on white

Rinaldi J. Montessi rinaldij at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 21 15:35:19 CET 2004

Anthony Ewell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>      I like to use the following options in my xterms:
>
>              xfterm4 -gb blue -bg white
>
>      Problem:  manual pages (man xxx) like to show some
> of the highlighted lettering in white.  As white on
> white is invisible, does anyone know of a way to
> tell "man" to stop using white for any of its lettering?

You might want to take a look at whatever is being used a pager in your
setup.   "less" is the default.  Here the config file is /usr/lib/man.conf.

Once you determine that, the answer should be easier to find.

Rinaldi
--
Westheimer's Discovery:
	A couple of months in the laboratory can frequently save a