Crashes on FreeBSD 5.3 using RC2

Jakob Breivik Grimstveit jakob at grimstveit.no
Tue Dec 21 03:21:49 CET 2004

I have for a while now used the ports-patch to get RC1 of Xfce 4.2
running, but it has been very buggy. I just now downloaded the installer
from www.os-cillation.de and changed my .xinitrc to point to
$HOME/local/bin/startxfce4 and everything seems to start up nicely.

However, just as in RC1 using the ports patch, using either the panel or
right-clicking the desktop makes the application in question crash.

Path to runlog:
<http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob/files/temp/startxfce4log>

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Same directory above also contains xfce4-panel.core and xfdesktop.core
from the crash.

System:

$ uname -a
FreeBSD hombre.grimstveit.no 5.3-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p1 #14:
Sun Nov 21 20:59:48 CET 2004
root at hombre.grimstveit.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HOMBRE  i386

$ ./local/bin/xfwm4 --version
        This is xfwm4 version 4.1.99.2 for Xfce 4.1.99.2
        built with GTK+-2.4.13, linked with GTK+-2.4.13.

Thanks for any help on this, since I love Xfce4 in general (4.0.6 was
great, but I'd love to hop on the Xfce4.2 bandwagon at once!).

Quick screenshot of my desktop (probably of no use):
<http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob/files/temp/xfce4rc2.png>

--
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, <http://www.grimstveit.no/jakob/>, 48298152
Besøk Newsergalleriet: <http://www.newsergalleriet.no/>

Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.