How to "move this window to workspace n" in xmms?

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 23:52:04 CET 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:09:33 +0100, Xan <DXpublica at telefonica.net> wrote:
> Dissabte 11 Desembre 2004 14:17, en/na Andre Wichartz (<Andre Wichartz
> <chenoa at cwazy.co.uk>>) va escriure:
> >>Re: How to "move this window to workspace n" in xmms?
> >
> > Hello Xan,
> >
> > Saturday, December 11, 2004, 12:59:10 PM, you wrote:
> > > - I try to drag and drop xmms to graphical pager of panel/toolbar and
> > > nothing happens. I speak about 4.0.6. Do you speak me of 4.2rc1?
> >
> > Don't drag it to the pager. You should see it on the pager. There drag
> > it to another workspace (all inside the pager). Be sure to select the
> > main component of xmms not equalizer or playlist. Works here with
> > 4.06.
>
> Yes. If I drag from graphical pager to graphical pager, it works!!. Great.
> Perhaps some patch allowing dragging from window to graphical pager were util
> for some desktop user. In practice, if you have more windows in one desktop,
> you are mad if you want to drag and drop from and to the graph. pager.

The graphical pager is just Another Way To Do It. I only use the pager
to drag stuff from OTHER desktops to my current desktop.

This is really a xmms bug, in a sense. As a side effect of emulating
the Winamp interface in X, xmms doesn't get the advantage of the being
managed in a consistent way the the window manager. This why there is
an option to show the window decorations in the first place.

-Erik

> Thanks,
>

> Xan.

-Erik