rss feed

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 10 22:17:49 CET 2004

On 12/10/04 13:07, Anthony Ewell wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
>     Would you consider adding an RSS (Really Simple Syndication)
> feed to your web site (xfce.org)?  Here is a "HowTo" from w3c's
> web site:
>
>             http://www.w3.org/2001/10/glance/doc/howto

manually updating an RSS feed would probably be a pain, and i believe
francois (the xfce.org webmaster) is using a simple homegrown PHP script
for news, so it's up to him if he feels like taking the time to do it.
or to switch to something else (wordpress even) to maintain the news
page.

at any rate, the news isn't really updated all that frequently: perhaps
every couple weeks when we're busy, so i'm not sure that RSS would be
all that useful.  heh, then again, that could possibly be a reason why
it *would be* useful.

	-brian