Attaching files in evolution in 4.2 RC1

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 8 02:08:47 CET 2004

On 12/08/04 00:16, Nick Haddock wrote:
> Hi,
> I have searched the archives, and can't see a reference to this error.
> I have installed xfce from rpms on fedora core 2. All works perfectly
> accept for one minor issue. When I attach a document in evolution
> (1.4.6) , the attachment does not appear. When I send the message, the
> attachment appears in the sent folder fine. This works perfectly when
> I switch to Gnome to test, and is 100% reproducible.
>
> Is this a known issue, if not I can open a bug report.

er, i can't see how this has anything to do with xfce.  perhaps there's
some daemon that gnome provides that evo depends on that isn't getting
launched?  though that's pretty farfetched for this weird behavior.

i don't know how evo displays attachments in the mail compose window, but
perhaps it's a cosmetic issue?  maybe try changing themes?

	-brian