Perhaps some bugs of xfce 4.2rc1

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Fri Dec 3 17:17:51 CET 2004

Hi folks,

I manipulate some time xfce 4.2rc1 and I observe that perhaps there are bugs
in that. I have installed it with gui installer in home subdir:
~/temporal/xfce4rc1/xfcedir/

1) When I'm in xfce 4.0.6, the nautilus recognize the type of files (even if
these are uncompleted (for example files from mldonkey)) and when I click
onto that, the associated program appears.

But in xfce 4.2rc1, the nautilus does not recognize me the incomplete files
and when I click onto, it says me that there is no associated application

2) There is no clear difference between home and system-wide calls of
programs. In my panel I have two launchers:

One launches "xffm" and the other "xfprint-manager"

This two launchers are in both xfce's: xfce 4.2rc1 and xfce 4.0.6.

When I launch the "xffm" in 4.2rc1, all is good: 4.2rc1 launches the xffm
version 4.2rc1. But when I launch "xfprinter-manager" (in 4.2rc1), 4.2rc1
launches the xfprint-manager version 4.0.6. If I want that in 4.2rc1 I want
to launch xfprint-manager 4.2rc1, I have to modify the launcher and add the
specific ~/temporal/xfce4rc1/xfcedir/bin/xfprint-manager.

But why I have not to do with xffm?

I'm charmed to report these,

Thanks in advance,
Xan.