Terminal 0.2.0 available

j.markoll at free.fr j.markoll at free.fr
Thu Dec 2 23:46:03 CET 2004

Selon Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>:

> Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 16:01 -0600, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> But Olivier's right, Terminal is not ment to obsolete xfce4-terminal,
> its an alternative for users. Besides that, I'm not in favour of putting
> 3rd party stuff into Xfce core; instead we should try to keep the core
> lightweight and clean and a terminal emulator is definetly 3rd party,
> else we'll end up like KDE one day. Just the core desktop apps, like
> window manager, session manager, panel, taskbar, desktop manager and
> some small utilities, thats it.

> > Cheers,
> > Olivier.

> greets,
> Benedikt

Hello,
I'd like to tell you that this is the only thing missing me, that is possible
with KDE console: change the background color of console emulator. (Among
diverse changes possible, the only one I'd like to get back) For the reason
white over black hurts my eyes a lot. Would slight changes like this make Xfce
much more heavy, for example ?
All the best, J.Markoll.