Missing icons after CVS compile

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 27 02:34:53 CEST 2004

On 08/26/04 09:48, Don Christensen wrote:
> Adam B VonNieda wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >  I've just compiled Xfce from CVS sources, and everything is working
> >great, except I'm missing the majority of icons from the panel, and all
> >but one from the settings manager (The file manager icon shows up). Any
> >ideas about what step I may have missed?
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >
> >      -Adam vonNieda
>
> Let me guess--you're using GTK 2.2.x, right?  I have the same problem,
> and Brian appears to be in the process/has just now checked in the
> fixes for this, so I suspect it will work from CVS "any minute now".
>
> Is that a fair assessment, Brian?

that's the theory, anyway.  i believe i committed the "final" fixes around 5am
US pacific time this morning, so go nuts with it.  there isn't any
gtk-version-specific code anymore for the icon theming, so it should give you
the same results on a gtk 2.2 system as it does on mine (gtk 2.4).

some testing would be great, and i'm especially interested how people think
it feels performance-wise to the old code (for gtk 2.4, anyway - comparing
it to gtk 2.2 isn't really relevant).  i still have a couple things to do with
it for completeness' sake, but i consider it mostly done.

	-brian