possible bug with cycle_minimum?

Alex spam at skander.net
Tue Aug 24 18:02:12 CEST 2004

I wanted to enable the behavior shown on this thread:

http://lunar-linux.org/pipermail/xfce/2004-August/010299.html

I tried adding the "cycle_hidden=false" option a newly created
~/.xfce4/xfwm4rc file, but that didn't work.  Since the patch was for a
cvs version, thought to look at the code to see if it was committed in
newer revisions.  I looked at lines ~5931-5938 of xfwm4/src/client.c
(from xfce_4_0_5 tag) and noticed this:

     if (screen_info->params->cycle_minimum)
     {
         passdata.cycle_range = INCLUDE_HIDDEN;
     }
     else
     {
         passdata.cycle_range = INCLUDE_HIDDEN | INCLUDE_SKIP_TASKBAR |
INCLUDE_SKIP_PAGER;
     }

So it looks like the functionality is there, to some degree.  However,
maybe I don't understand the meaning of "cycle_minimum", but should the
line in the "else" block not contain "INCLUDE_HIDDEN"?  As a test, I
changed that line and re-compiled/installed.  passdata.cycle_range ends
up being null in my case (presumably because it's looking for that value
somewhere else instead of ~/.xfce4/xfwm4rc) so the "else" always runs,
and it now works as expected.

--Alex