XFCE: Use another GTK Engine

Sébastien Boetsch sboetsch at technodiva.com
Wed Aug 18 10:56:12 CEST 2004

First, thanks Charles.

I've build from source because when I wanted to install last version of xfce
it was not available as rpm and I wanted to have the couple GTK+XFCE
optimized for 686 cpu.

Nevertheless, you are certainly right about the fact there is an Xfce
conflicting paths/option.
(even if I build it with standard options without changing anything).

When I use the Settings Manager,  all listed gtk themes are the one provided
with xfce packages.
All other themes (even if they are installed in /usr/share/themes/... and
have a gtk-2.0 subfolders like Xfce themes) are not listed.

Is there some environment variables or config files to setup?

Perhaps the problem comes from the fact I builder GTK 2.4 because:
	- I put a .gtkrc file in my home directory;
	- I launch "grip", installed from Mandrake 10 so I think it is builded to
use gtk 1;
	- nothing happens;
	- but if I put a .gtkrc-2.0 file, it starts with printing the warning
previously given (Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "XXXX").

Thanks,
Sébastien.