XFCE: Use another GTK Engine

Charles A Edwards eslrahc at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 18 10:30:16 CEST 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:35:34 +0200
Sébastien Boetsch wrote:

> I use XFCE 4 (generated from source) on GTK 2.4 on a Mandrake 10
> Community.
> 	I would like to know how can I use another gtk engine (means
> 	other than
> gtk-xfce-engine).

Unless you 'just want to' there is no reason for you to build Xfce from
source.
Mdk 10.0 and 9.2 rpms for All Xfce-4.0.6 pkgs, as well as "goodies", are
available from my website.

As to changing themes that is Usually easily accomplished using the
'Settings Manager'

Not knowing the manner in which you installed the sources it may be that
you need to update your PATH environment.

It also my be that you are giving Xfce conflicting paths/option.

Mdk does not include or use the gtk-xfce-engine.
In 10.0 we use gtk-engines-0.12-8mdk gtk-themes-1.0-10mdk which includes
all available themes and engines

     Charles

--
Women are just like men, only different.