Left click on desktop

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 17 08:29:04 CEST 2004

040816 Gerald Barre wrote:
> 16 Aug 2004 purslow at sympatico.ca s'exprimait:
>> cute !  IIRC BJT's intention was something v much like Apwal,
>> so mb there's a way of recommending it for use w Xfce.
>> i looked at the site, but haven't tried it out.
> I tried it with a key shortcut on the root window, it's ok :
>   http://g.barre.free.fr/apwal.jpg
> and not only on the root window :-) :
>   http://g.barre.free.fr/apwal2.jpg

oh dear, my little trolleybus keeps getting mangled out there (grimace)!

i don't have any personal use for desktop icons in the way i work,
but can see that others may find them v helpful for organising files/apps.
proposals to add them to the regular Xfce desktop have met strong resistance
as something too much like M$ , but an Xfce pinboard wb a good idea
& rather than putting in the effort & having everyone wait for 4.4 ,
it mb better to look seriously at Apwal as an adequate solution.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca