smb mounts conflicting with Xfce?

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Wed Aug 11 12:22:20 CEST 2004

Le mer 11/08/2004 à 12:06, Botykai Zsolt a écrit :
> Maybe it's because you hadn't umounted the smb connections before you stopped
> the network?
> If not, then skip from here :-)

Thanks for your answer! My problem is even more simple than yours: I
boot my computer with no Ethernet cable connected, when it comes to
mounting SMB mount points that are in /etc/fstab the computer keeps
trying for a really long time before giving up. Then X is started (with
XFce) but is very slow.
If I start in interactive mode and skip the SMB part everything is ok.

I realize it may not be related to XFce, but the correlation between
XFce and SMB surprises me...

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>