Controlling startup sequence

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Sun Aug 8 07:54:23 CEST 2004

I'm using XMMS, which is a bit picky in my configuration: I like to use the status-plugin, which adds system tray support.  However, it does so in what seems to be a dirty hackish way, because if I start up the program before the Xfce panel (which happens when I put it in ~/desktop/.autostart/), I get a xfwm4 window with the system tray icon therein.

I'd like XMMS to start, automatically on startup, after the panel, but the panel is the controlling application in my .xinitrc; does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do that?

Thanks in advance.
Andrew