Theme problems

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Sat Aug 7 03:04:46 CEST 2004

Some time ago (probably on Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:51:18 +0200)
Dennis Sänger <mail at kips-world.de> had occasion to say the following:

> Do you have problems using the SVG-Icons in general, or just with
> nautilus?

Well, I don't use Nautilus--ROX instead and most of the icons work fine therein.

> I've already posted an awnser to Christopher Meredith's question how to
> fix the nautilus problem.

Right, my question was (trying to be), "Will that only fix Nautilus, or perhaps
more of GTK programs, themes, etc? In other words, is this solution at all
applicable to me?"

> To use the SVG Icons with XFCE (e.g. in the panel) emerge
> >=gnome-base/librsvg-2.6.5 (IIRC it's in the unstable tree).

Will I have to reemerge/configure Xfce, or will it automatically take advantage
of this library's presence?

> Hope that helps.

It does, thanks.
Andrew