Splash Themes

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Thu Aug 5 18:10:39 CEST 2004

> * Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> [2004-08-05
> 10:48]:
>> Max Vasin wrote:
>>
>> > I'm using XFCE4 for about half a year, and it is great!
>> > Now I'm using XFCE from CVS. I've downloaded a splash theme -
>> > how should I install it? I've found balou-install-theme command, but
>> > which directory I must install theme into?
>>
>> You can install balou themes using drag and drop: Just open a file
>> manager
>> (e.g. rox)
>         ^^^
>
> Du weißt schon dass Xfce einen »offiziellen« Dateimanager hat? ;)

Official and widely used are two different things :-) I don't believe
there's been a poll, but based on the discussion on this list rox is an
extremely common choice among XFce users. There was even an brief attempt
to merge projects back in the planning stages of Xfce4, but the Rox
developer wanted to build his own DE.

XFFM is a serviceable file manager and obviously meets some people's needs
perfectly (e.g., Edscott). It's got a ways to go before it'll be my file
manager of choice though.
--
Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org:  It's A Scientific Venture...
"Believe what you're told; there'd be chaos if everyone thought for