minor settings problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 28 15:19:57 CEST 2004

i presume you're using CVS xfce.  please specify this in advance next
time...

Felipe Lopes wrote:

>1) The gradient of the default background is not smooth, u can see clearly
>the division of the colors like if I have a lot of circles w/ close colors.
>I have tried to change XF86Config-4 settings concerning my videocard and
>monitor (tried to use 16 and 24 bit) but didnt work....

what bit depth _are_ you using?  i've only tested at 24bit, and it looks
fine to me.  i have heard that it doesn't look so great at 16bit, but i
haven't had the chance to look into it yet.

>3) Some of icons of programs I´ve installed I cannot find then...My firefox
>icon I found in its folder just dun have the Fox!! Gaim icon could not be
>found at all...

yep.  icon theming is somewhat broken at present.  you'll have to live
with it ^_~.  ah, the joys of CVS...

    -brian