Xinerama

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Wed Apr 21 21:52:27 CEST 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Remco Lubbers wrote:
>
>> Op Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:40:46 -0400 (EDT) schreef Brian J. Tarricone
>> aan XFCE
>> general discussion list <xfce at xfce.org>:
>>

>>> just FYI, non-xinerama multiscreen should work properly with CVS
>>> xfdesktop now, for anyone that wants to try it.
>>

>> So would it enable me to have a panel per screen?
>>

> No, for that the xfce4-panel module must be updated. I don't believe
> this is trivial.
>
> Jasper

How about providing an option to use an "alternate" config file for
the panel.  So, I could start

   DISPLAY=:0.1 xfce4-panel --file=/home/me/.xfce4/xcfe4rx_display1

or some such.  (I'm an XFCE newbie, so excuse me if this has been
discussed or is just a bad idea.)

While I'm on the topic, is there a way to get the panel to write
out its configuration and to reload it if it changes, short of killing
and restarting the panel?  This would at least allow me to modify the
panel on :0.0 and then have the panel on :0.1 pick up the changes.

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA