Problem with Quit in menu

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Wed Apr 21 01:40:56 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 19:05 -0400, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> If you use a dm, gdm/kdm, can you try switching and see is the problem persist.
> Also check your logs/xsession errors for anything that might be preventing the dm to shutdown cleanly.

I only knew where to find the xsession-errors file, and there was
nothing therein which was directly applicable.

I do use gdm, but I don't think that's the problem; XFCE doesn't even
remotely quit.  The only thing that happens is that the desktop freezes
to any mouse action.  Everything else still works, is up, and is
functional.

Any more ideas?