Xinerama

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 19 06:46:58 CEST 2004

Andrew Gaffney wrote:

> One more thing. How do set a different background on each screen? Is
> there a reference somewhere on using XFCE with Xinerama? I looked at
> the Documentation on xfce.org, but there wasn't much there.

unfortunately, this isn't possible yet.  xfdesktop doesn't have
multiscreen or xinerama support yet.  actually, i just committed some
preliminary multi-screen stuff to xfdesktop CVS, but it's very untested
and feature-incomplete.  i don't really know anything about xinerama
(yet), but i can tell you with certainty that it's not going to work
properly.

    -brian