Xinerama

Andrew Gaffney agaffney at skylineaero.com
Mon Apr 19 05:51:18 CEST 2004

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I just joined this list and could not find
an archive.

I'm running XFCE 4.0.5 under X with Xinerama enabled. My first monitor is running at
1024x768 and my 2nd at 800x600 (video card only has 2MB). When the panel is set to center
on the bottom, I see half of it on the left and nothing on the right because it would be
off the screen. How can I center it on the bottom of only 1 of the screens?

Also, even though the taskbar is only on the first screen, I have a small area of
non-usable screen space on the second monitor at the top. I set it to autohide so the
space is only ~10 pixels high. How can I fix this?

One more thing. How do set a different background on each screen? Is there a reference
somewhere on using XFCE with Xinerama? I looked at the Documentation on xfce.org, but
there wasn't much there.

Thank you for your patience with a new XFCE user.

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator