One More Application Question

edscott wilson garcia edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Apr 17 03:36:53 CEST 2004

El vie, 16-04-2004 a las 11:51, Andy Choens escribió:
> Boy,
>
> Within xffm, how does one change the application history for a file
> type?  applications.xml defines the actual app to use, but xffm is
> keeping track of all the apps I've ever told it to use for a file.
>
> So, if over a period of time I've told xffm to open .txt files with
> emacs, nedit, and gedit......
>
> how do I make it forget about gedit and nedit?  It still lists these
> under the "open with" dialog when I right click on a text file.

Keeps track in .xfce4/xffm/applications.xml (if you used the "remember")
checkbox. Just edit the file and erase the unwanted entries or uninstall
gedit and nedit from your system. Either way they will no longer appear
in the "open with" popup. Uh, this is for xffm-4.1. 4.0.x might be
similar.

Edscott