lib error making xfce4-panel-4.0.4

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sat Apr 17 03:24:00 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:40, Remco Lubbers wrote:
> Op Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:58:10 +0200 schreef Jasper Huijsmans aan XFCE general
> discussion list <xfce at xfce.org>:
>
> >Phil Lawrence wrote:
>
> > > it's a key
> > > part of my plan to convert my wife into a *happy* linux user!  :-)
>
> > Hehe, you are a brave man ;-)
>
> With my wife, you have to be brave to stay around while she's behind our XP-box
> :-)
>
> She has used Mandrake icw XFce for over two years and the only time our XP-box
> gets booted is when she HAS to check out a website that is IE-only. This never
> lasts longer than an hour though :-)
>
> So: wifes can be */very happy/* linux-users :D

my wife is a generally happy Linux user -- that is, she doesn't care to
geek out configuring stuff no matter what the platform, so as long as
the Linux box does what she wants, she's happy. If it doesn't do what
she wants, that's my problem, not the OS :-)

In the last ten years she's gone through 95, NT4, W2k, KDE, XFce3 and
XFce4. The only one of those that she liked anywhere near as much as
XFce4 was KDE, but the slowness and instability weren't worth the
eyecandy.

She's tempted by an Apple, but now that my lab subnet has a 12"
powerbook for her to play with that temptation is dropping off fast.
Pretty nasty UI for all that vaunted HIG research.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...