problems with CVS version

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Apr 14 19:18:16 CEST 2004

El mié, 14-04-2004 a las 12:01, Nikola Pizurica escribió:
> On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 11:48 -0400, Andy Choens wrote:
> > Hmm,
> >
> > This may answer my question from my Mime Type Gurus Post.
>
> No, don't take my problems as an example :-) I'm total newbie when it
> comes to compiling, and I think my problems are connected to some stuff
> installed to /usr and some to /usr/local.
> Anyway, problems with panel plug-ins are sorted out (I've recompiled
> them), only one that is still present is panel icon themes. I can't get
> them, I've tried changing themes from Panle properties, but no luck.
> Anyone?

Icon locations have changed. Delete $datadir/xfce4/themes and
$datadir/xfce4/pixmaps. Any icons set manually have to be changed to use
$datadir/xfce4/icons in the the path, since that is where they currently
live (although freedesktop standard used by G. and K. point to
$datadir/icons). A recent patch also allows ~/.icons, but I have not
test that.

Edscott