(no subject)

cphillips at phillipsandson.com cphillips at phillipsandson.com
Tue Apr 6 00:17:41 CEST 2004

I would like to begin using the 4.x version of XFCE.  However, I cannot get it
to compile because my package config installation is bad.  I'm especially having
trouble since there are so many external dependencies on other libraries.  Is it
possible and would someone please perform a statically linked compiled binary
for XFCE?  I need all required libraries statically linked (e.g., GTK, libxml2,
libdbh, etc.).  I have Red Hat 7.2 so I can't use the RPMs on the Sourceforge site.

It looks like the XFCE developers have done some outstanding work and I'm eager
to replace my 3.x version of XFCE.

I don't know if a statically linked compile would work well for XFCE, but if so
I would be willing to pay someone a little money for their time.

Thanks in advance.