xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Sep 29 18:19:04 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 09:18, craig.betts at dfrc.nasa.gov wrote:
> Well personally I'd like to see the icon view for minimized windows come
> back.  This request is made from several of my users.  I keep XFce3
> around for this very reason.  Some users said they don't mind changing,
> but would like to have the ability to change the icon display in the
> taskbar to help identify the program running (I used this feature in
> XFCE3, and miss it).  I am using XFce as a replacement for CDE on my
> Solaris systems, and have even made it look almost exactly like CDE.  My
> users just love this!

I see no reason why the iconbox code is not within the xfdesktop code. A
simple configuration option and presto, xfdesktop maps the icons on the
pseudo-root window.

Oh, I see the reason why not. No one has had the time to do the work.
Any takers?

Edscott

ps. I would like to see the feature but am unfortunately out of time at
the moment.