xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Mon Sep 29 16:49:01 CEST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:18:58 -0700 (PDT), craig.betts at dfrc.nasa.gov wrote:

> Well personally I'd like to see the icon view for minimized windows come
> back.  This request is made from several of my users.  I keep XFce3
> around for this very reason.  Some users said they don't mind changing,
> but would like to have the ability to change the icon display in the
> taskbar to help identify the program running (I used this feature in
> XFCE3, and miss it).  I am using XFce as a replacement for CDE on my
> Solaris systems, and have even made it look almost exactly like CDE.  My
> users just love this!

Yeah .. I hate the taskbar too. It's too windowsy for my taste. Until we got the
iconbox, I used ROX Filer only for the minimized icons. I use the iconbox now,
but I would definitely recommend ROX Filer for genuine desktop icons. It's
*very* light so you won't really notice the difference.

> Other than that, the new design has been taken-in with open arms.  Its
> fast, simple and standards based.

Glad you like it.

-- b