xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

hugh d fegely wolffe at cavtel.net
Mon Sep 29 17:24:10 CEST 2003

Gotta go with David here. "Standards" -- isn't that what the "Microsoft" desktop is, basically -- a standard? One that I (and I'm sure MANY like me) came to use Linux for.. their "standard" was too limiting, and we WANTED the configurability.

If I want all my Icons to be Smiley Faces instead of whatever "canned" default is given to me by the program/desktop/operating system, then I should be able to do it..

Since the requests from before seem to have fallen to the wayside due to "standards compliance" regarding the configurability of icons in the icon box, and there are still people who miss at least some of the old XFce3 functionality with the minimized icons on the desktop, then once again I have to ask "why not include a little more USER REQUESTED functionality" to our desktop environment?

Standards? Bah... standards are rules, and they're meant to be broken ;)