xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Sep 29 14:30:15 CEST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Biju Chacko wrote:

> Well read http://www.ometer.com/free-software-ui.html to find out why
> over-configurability is a Bad Thing(TM).

No; that's just one person's opinion as to why it's a Bad Thing(tm).

If anyone on this list can tell me how I can bind a key to raise/lower
a window, I'll be quiet. :-)  I can learn to live with or work around
the taskbar.

You must understand that for many people, their desktop is an
extremely important component of their productivity.  Removing
features that *you think* are:

> * Non-compliant with standards

[standards?  Who cares about standards?  I like my desktop the way *I*
like it.]

or

> * No longer useful

[says who?]

is likely to provoke unhappiness.  Just think about how you'd feel if someone
forced you to switch from emacs to vi (or vice-versa.) :-)

--
David.